Subject: Re: Render from PC to Amiga PAR
From: DMetcalfe <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 1995 08:29:12 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 30 Jun 1995, Animation Productions wrote:

> If the Amiga is running a Net File System (NFS), can Lightwave PC render 
> directly to the DDR: device on the Amiga PAR? theoretically it should 
> shouldn't it?  If so then does anyone know of NFS Amiga Software?
> I currently have to FTP 300MB at a time after render.

You can currently run NFS Client only on the Amiga. Meaning you can mount 
PC drives. The problem, as it's been explained to me ("Connect Your 
Amiga" from IAM) is that Amiga FFS doesn't provide for a 32bit serial # 
on files and therefore NFS Server won't work. Check it out, something FAT 
can do that FFS doesn't! Wow.

You should be able to mount the PC drive that you're rendering to and 
have an ARexx script running to pickup the files as they're rendered and 
write to the PAR. Not sure if there's a commercial product to help with 
this, Batch Factory may have something suitable.

Darren Metcalfe              "Had this been an actual emergency, 
[email-masked]         we would have fled in terror,
                              and you would not have been informed"

--
DMetcalfe <[email-masked]> sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]